Wednesday, March 20, 2013

OIA 500 User Display Limit


OIA only displays 500 records in the Identity Warehouse user list regardless of how many exist. One project i worked on had 70,000+ users in OIA. This isn't really a problem, because there seems to be little need to display all the users in the ID warehouse at once.
At least that's what I thought until I saw the same behavior on other OIA screens. For example, I needed to add 11,000 users to a role, but OIA only allows me to add a distinct set of 500. I can't choose the others after adding the first 500. OIA displays a distinct set of 500 users no matter what you do. Strangely, the set it presents includes a sample of users through out the alphabet. That is, it includes some users from A to Z. So I've got "aadams" through "zvincent". This is puzzling. 

I found a setting in the config files that may affect this behavior in the idw-context.xml config file.



        ...
       

I changed it to 5000 and restarted OIA. The result is that my 2880 user records showed up in the Identity Warehouse user search screens instead of the usual 500 users.

No comments: